- Built on principles of inclusivity and accessibility, this anthology presents essential primary sources from the period, covering the seeds of the manifest destiny ideology to the nation's imperial ambitions. It emphasizes often-marginalized voices, including women, Native Americans, African Americans, Mexican Americans, and Asian Americans. Documents are abridged to remain brief and accessible to struggling/ESL readers, and activity questions range from basic to advanced.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1. "The destinies of nations and of men" : conquering the west
- Chapter 2. "From hill to hill and from valley to valley" : remaking the west
- Chapter 3. "Invasion of progress ... progress of invasion" : extending conquest overseas
- Chapter 4. "Do not get lost on this new trail" : remembering and representing the west.
- Item content: English
- Includes index.
Description based on title page of print version.
- 1 online resource (87 entries) : 71 images.
- E179.5 .S33 2022eb
- 9781803161440 (electronic version)
Other Control Numbers:
- slc00003179 (source: CaBNVSL)
schlagsawe2022 (source: Credo)
[Unknown Type]: Credo9781803161440