- Seventeen-year-old Greg has managed to become part of every social group at his Pittsburgh high school without having any friends, but his life changes when his mother forces him to befriend Rachel, a girl he once knew in Hebrew school who has leukemia.
Table of Contents:
- Title Page; CONTENTS; A NOTE FROM GREG GAINES, AUTHOR OF THIS BOOK; 1 HOW IT IS POSSIBLE TO EXIST IN A PLACE THAT SUCKS SO BAD; 2 THE FIRST DAY OF SENIOR YEAR IN CONVENIENT SCRIPT FORMAT; 3 LET'S JUST GET THIS EMBARRASSING CHAPTER OUT OF THE WAY; 4 WHERE ARE THEY NOW?; 5 THE DYING GIRL; 6 PHONE SEX; 7 THE GAINES FAMILY: A SUMMARY; 8 PHONE SEX II; 9 A MORE OR LESS TYPICAL CONVERSATION WITH EARL; 10 I PUT THE "ASS" IN "CASANOVA"; 11 I, THE WRATH OF GOD, WILL MARRY MY OWN DAUGHTER, AND TOGETHER WE SHALL START THE PUREST DYNASTY THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN; 12 I PUT THE "IDIOT" IN "VIDEOTAPE."
- 13 even more earl backstory14 cafeterioration; 15 gaines/jackson: the collected works; 16 hopefully the end of what has been a ridiculous amount of earl backstory; 17 mr. mcarthy's office; 18 drugs are the worst; 19 earl betrays our entire creative partnership while i am distracted by the munchies; 20 batman versus spider-man; 21 two poncy dudes; 22 spider versus wasp; 23 gilbert; 24 pasty teen has uneventful day; 25 a moron's guide to leukemia; 26 human flesh; 27 you and me and a perpetually exploding turkey makes three; 28 rachel the film: brainstorming.
- 29 RACHEL THE FILM: THE HALLMARK VERSION30 RACHEL THE FILM: THE KEN BURNS VERSION; 31 RACHEL THE FILM: THE SOCK PUPPET VERSION; 32 RACHEL THE FILM: THE WALLACE & GROMIT VERSION; 33 JESUS, NOW WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO; 34 FIGHT CLUB, EXCEPT LAMER; 35 DEADLINE; 36 RACHEL THE FILM; 37 THE ENDS OF OUR LIVES; 38 AFTERMATH; 39 AFTERMATH II; 40 AFTERMATH III; EPILOGUE; AUTHOR JESSE ANDREWS DISCUSSES WRITING ME AND EARL AND THE DYING GIRL WITH HIS EDITOR, MAGGIE LEHRMAN; AN EXCERPT FROM THE SCREENPLAY, ALONG WITH THOUGHTS FROM THE AUTHOR/SCREENWRITER; ACKNOWLEDGMENTS; ABOUT THE AUTHOR; Copyright Page.
- Item content: English
- "Originally published in hardcover in 2012 by Amulet Books"--Title page verso.
Description based on: Print version record.
- 1 online resource (295, 17 unnumbered pages)
- text file
- J813 A567me eb
- 9781613128862 (electronic bk.)
161312886X (electronic bk.)