- "This manuscript productively joins affect theory and trans studies to examine how narratives around gender transition actually reinforce racial and gender hegemonies. Malatino notes that trans structures of feeling are ofted coded as negative, on both sides of the transition... When a trans person wants to transition, discourses around negativity, such as childhood trauma and the "wrong body". Post-transition, the lives of trans people, especially trans people of color, are seen as victims of a violent society. Malatino's manuscript works slowly through the negative affect that so often shapes trans lives to consider its productive dimensions, where negativity is key to enabling trans survival and flourishing"-- [Provided by publisher]
Table of Contents:
- Future Fatigue: Trans Intimacies and Trans Presents (or How to Survive the Interregnum)
- Fuck Feelings: On Numbness, Withdrawal, and Disorientation
- Found Wanting: On Envy
- Tough Breaks: Trans Rage and the Cultivation of Resilience
- Beyond Burnout: On the Limits of Care and Cure
- After Negativity? On Whiteness and Healing.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- 1 online resource
- HQ77.9 .M25 2022eb
- 9781452967288 (electronic bk.)
1452967288 (electronic bk.)
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC6921429 (source: MiAaPQ)
[Unknown Type]: ybp302782294