- Abstract: "We want to understand from different angles, segments, and disciplines this fundamental relationship between tourism, happiness, and life quality. Despite the overall beneficial effects of travel on happiness levels, tourism is not an activity with solely positive implications on peoples' lives and therefore this book will help readers understand how happiness manifests through tourism and how it can be expanded to different tourism actors, such as tourists, workers, and communities"-- [Provided by publisher]
Table of Contents:
- Section 1. Chapter 1. Happiness: the basis for public policy in tourism ; Chapter 2. Tourism and quality of life: different perceptions within the same tourist territory ; Chapter 3. Rural tourism fostering welfare through sustainable development: a conceptual approach ; Chapter 4. Social entrepreneurship activities in the tourism sector: bibliometric analysis and social network analysis ; Chapter 5. Selected happiness-increasing interventions for tourism and hospitality workers ; Chapter 6. Contributions of neurosciences to studies of well-being in tourism
- Section 2. Chapter 7. Nautical sports tourism: improving people's wellbeing and recovering tourism destinations ; Chapter 8. Pilgrimage routes to happiness: comparing the Camino de Santiago and via Francigena ; Chapter 9. Wellness tourism: conceptual analysis and trends ; Chapter 10. Mixed realities as the new reality in tourism: the benefits of new technologies for visitors, workers, and the industry at large ; Chapter 11. The influence of tourist characteristics on the perceived quality of hostels in Portugal: an exploratory study.
, publisher, http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/pbl
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on: Online resource; title from title screen (IGI Global, viewed 07/03/2021).
- 1 online resource (xxi, 330 pages)
- text file
- G155.A1 R43 2021eb
- 9781799872412 (electronic bk.)
9781799872399 (hardcover) [Invalid]
9781799872405 (paperback) [Invalid]
Other Standard Numbers:
- Digital Object Identifier: 10.4018/978-1-7998-7239-9
Library of Congress Control Numbers:
- 2021015975 [Invalid]
Other Control Numbers:
- slc00001602 (source: CaBNVSL)
[Unknown Type]: igi00262006