- Abstract: "This edited book provides theoretical and practical contributions pertaining to tourism destination management, investigating technological developments and the influence of new media in tourism"-- [Provided by publisher]
Table of Contents:
- Section 1. Online marketing and branding. Chapter 1. Communicating and building destination brands with new media ; Chapter 2. Digital marketing best practices for management in tourism destinations ; Chapter 3. Customer relationship management as an important relationship marketing tool: the case of the hospitality industry in Estoril Coast ; Chapter 4. Creating an online brand identity: the case of the hotel ; Chapter 5. Reshaping of museums with experiences: an examination on the Hatay Archeology Museum ; Chapter 6. An evaluation of the usability of a DMO's digital marketing strategy: the case of the center of Portugal ; Chapter 7. Digital marketing strategies of Portugal's national tourism authority
- Section 2. Social media and tourism. Chapter 8. The importance of social media in destination choice: the power of e-WOM ; Chapter 9. Instagram influencers in social media-induced tourism: rethinking tourist trust towards tourism destination ; Chapter 10. Exploring the role of instagram in tourism destination preferences: a Turkish perspective ; Chapter 11. Travel instagramability: a way of choosing a destination?
- Section 3. Digital communication and transformation. Chapter 12. Digital communication and dialogism in official websites of tourism institutions: from past to present ; Chapter 13. Transformational tourism experiences: the communication of service providers ; Chapter 14. Digital tourism: influence of e-marketing technology ; Chapter 15. The impact of digital technologies on marketing and communication in the tourism industry ; Chapter 16. Digital technologies as tools to promote tourism and territorial development: design of a mobile application for community-led initiatives ; Chapter 17. A less than viral relationship: the irrelevance of sound for tourism promotion ; Chapter 18. Digital transformation and the competitive advantage of global tourism.
, publisher, http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/pbl
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from title screen (IGI Global, viewed 02/11/2021).
- 1 online resource (389 pages
- text file
- G155.A1 I47 2021eb
- 9781799870975 (ebook)
9781799870951 (hardcover) [Invalid]
9781799870968 (paperback) [Invalid]
Other Standard Numbers:
- Digital Object Identifier: 10.4018/978-1-7998-7095-1
Other Control Numbers:
- slc00001106 (source: CaBNVSL)
[Unknown Type]: igi00260154