- Abstract: "This book examines the negative impacts of plastic and explores different biotechnological interventions to plastic pollution. It also generates an awareness of the use of plastics and its impact on the environment, human health, and other ecosystems"-- [Provided by publisher]
Table of Contents:
- Section 1. Plastic pollution and the environment. Chapter 1. Plastic pollution and its effect on the environment ; Chapter 2. Plastic waste environmental and human health impacts ; Chapter 3. Environmental and health implications of plastic pollution: a Pakistan perspective ; Chapter 4. Review environmental implications of incineration of municipal solid waste and ash disposal ; Chapter 5. Plastic pollution and the ecological impact on the aquatic ecosystem ; Chapter 6. Marine plastic debris: distribution, abundance, and impact on our seafood ; Chapter 7. Detrimental impact of plastic outcome on agriculture: biggest threat to environment ; Chapter 8. Plastic pollution and its remedies: an Indian scenario ; Chapter 9. Plastic pollution and its impact on aquatic fauna ; Chapter 10. Analyses of the recycling potential of medical plastic wastes ; Chapter 11. Alternatives for treatment and disposal cost reduction of regulated medical waste
- Section 2. Plastics and human health. Chapter 12. Association between urinary Bisphenol A concentration and obesity prevalence in children and adolescents: Bisphenol A and its effects on humans ; Chapter 13. Historical perspective of Bisphenol A and phthalates in the environment and their health effects ; Chapter 14. Bisphenol A and phthalates exhibit similar toxicogenomics and health effects ; Chapter 15. Environmental phthalate exposure in relation to reproductive outcomes and other health endpoints in humans ; Chapter 16. Environmental phthalate exposure in relation to reproductive outcomes and other health endpoints in humans ; Chapter 17. Environmental phthalate exposure in relation to reproduction outcomes and health endpoints ; Chapter 18. Polyhydroxyalkanoates: an indispensable alternative
- Section 3. Plastic waste management. Chapter 19. Solid waste management and its impact on the environment ; Chapter 20. Challenges and factors in plastics reutilization/recycling: a review ; Chapter 21. Plastic pollution and its management in the age of globalization with special reference to India ; Chapter 22. Biodegradation of plastic: an innovative solution to safe the human health and environment ; Chapter 23. Framework proposition strategy for collection of returned products in reverse logistics environment.
, publisher, http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/pbl
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from title screen (IGI Global, viewed 07/32/2019).
- 1 online resource (600 pages
- text file
- TD427.P62 H33 2020eb
- 9781522594529 (h/c) [Invalid]
9781522594536 (s/c) [Invalid]
Other Standard Numbers:
- Digital Object Identifier: 10.4018/978-1-5225-9452-9
Other Control Numbers:
- slc20809013 (source: CaBNVSL)
[Unknown Type]: igi00221171