- When 'Period. End of Sentence' won an Oscar in 2019, the films producer and founder of The Pad Project, Melissa Berton, told the audience: A period should end a sentence, not a girls education. Continuing in that revolutionary spirit and building on the momentum of the acclaimed documentary, this book outlines the challenges facing those who menstruate worldwide and the solutions championed by a new generation of body positive activists, innovators and public figures. From the author of 'The Boston Girl'.
Table of Contents:
- part 1. The curse ; Shame ; Shamelessness : the changing of the guard
- part 2. R.E.S.P.E.C.T. ; Indigenous wisdoms ; New traditions
- part 3. The struggle ; Period poverty and the tampon tax ; Menstruating at work ; Dignity
- part 4. Menstruation goes public ; Men-struation ; The menstruation business ; Period.org
- part 5. Seeing red ; The takeaway.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 137-149) and index.
Description based on print version record.
- 1 online resource
- GN484.38 .D533 2021eb
- 9781982144302 (electronic bk.)
1982144300 (electronic bk.)
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC6565771 (source: MiAaPQ)
[Unknown Type]: ybp302085786