- "Voice and Communication Therapy for the Transgender/Gender Diverse Client: A Comprehensive Clinical Guide, Third Edition remains a must-have resource for speech-language pathologists, voice clinicians and trainers who assist transgender/gender diverse clients in aligning their communication with their gender identity. Such goals for transfeminine, transmasculine and gender diverse people are far from insurmountable given appropriate training. This third edition builds on the work of the first two editions, and meets the clinical and training needs of an even larger and better-informed core of speech language pathologists and trainers. Enhancements to this edition include significantly expanded chapters on counseling, psychotherapy, theater, non-verbal communication, singing, vocal health, medical considerations, and the historical perspectives on evidence-based research as well as a call to action to meet the needs of trans youth. Chapters cover each aspect of a communication training program, including case studies, summaries, appendices and an extensive bibliography, as well as an outline of therapy protocols and ideas for transmasculine, transfeminine and gender diverse clients."--Publisher's description.
Table of Contents:
- A multidisciplinary approach to transgender health / Maria Södersten, Ulrika Nygren, Stellan Hertegård, and Cecilia Dhejne
- Psychotherapy and support for transgender clients / Arlene Lev, Darren Cosgrove, and Timothy S. Crumley
- The role of the SLP in counseling / Richard K. Adler and Jack Pickering
- Medical considerations / Linda Gromko and Kevin Hatfield
- Voice and communication modification : historical perspective / Jack Pickering and McKenzee Greene
- Evidence based practice in voice training for trans women / Jennifer M. Oates
- Considerations for intake and assessment / Georgia Dacakis
- Vocal health and phonotrauma / Richard K. Adler and Christella Antoni
- Transmasculine voice and communication / Christie Block, Viktória G. Papp, and Richard K. Adler
- Pitch and Intonation / Marylou Pausewang Gelfer, Jack Pickering, and Michelle Mordaunt
- The art and science of resonance, articulation, and volume / Sandy Hirsch, Marylou Pausewang Gelfer, and Joan Boonin
- Nonverbal communication : assessment and training considerations across the gender and cultural spectrum / Sandy Hirsch and Joan Boonin
- Group voice and communication training / Daniel M. Kayajian, Jack Pickering, and Michelle Mordaunt
- The singing voice / Anita L. Kozan and Sandra C. Hammond
- Meeting the needs of gender diverse actors : personal, clinical, and artistic perspectives / Christine Adaire, Delia Kropp, Sandy Hirsch, and Rebecca Root
- Considerations for discharge and maintenance / Leah B. Helou and Sandy Hirsch
- A call to action : meeting the unique needs of trans and gender diverse young people / Sandy Hirsch, Richard K. Adler, and Jack Pickering.
- Item content: English
- Preceded by: Voice and communication therapy for the transgender/transsexual client / edited by Richard K. Adler, Sandy Hirsch, Michelle Mordaunt. 2nd ed. c2012.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- 1 online resource
- RF511.T73 V65 2019eb
- 9781944883317 (electronic bk.)
1944883312 (electronic bk.)
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC5716556 (source: MiAaPQ)
[Unknown Type]: ybp16055607