- Before speaking at a national political convention about her experiences as a transgender person, the author struggled with the decision to come out - not just to her family but to the students at her university, where she was serving as student body president. She'd known she was a girl from her earliest memories, but it wasn't until a Facebook post announcing her truth went viral that she realized the impact her story could have on the country. Four years later, the author was one of the nation's most prominent transgender activists, walking the halls of the White House, advocating inclusive legislation, and addressing the country in the midst of a heated presidential election. She had also found her first love and future husband, a trans man and fellow activist, who complemented her in every way ... until cancer tragically intervened. This book is the author's story of love and loss and an account of the LGBTQ community's battle for equal rights.--adapted from dust jacket.
Table of Contents:
- Machine generated contents note: ch. 1 "I'm transgender"
- ch. 2 "Hi, I'm Andy... I think we'd get along pretty swimmingly"
- ch. 3 "Sarah"
- ch. 4 People's House
- ch. 5 political is personal
- ch. 6 "Please pass this bill"
- ch. 7 One step closer to justice
- ch. 8 "Will you still love me?"
- ch. 9 "It hasn't taken away my voice"
- ch. 10 "Amazing grace"
- ch. 11 Righteous anger
- ch. 12 There was that word again. "History"
- ch. 13 Our voices matter.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 268-270).
Description based on print version record.
- 1 online resource
- HQ77.8.M387 A3 2018eb
- 9781524761493 (electronic bk.)
1524761494 (electronic bk.)
Other Standard Numbers:
- [Unknown Type]: 40028019802
Other Control Numbers:
- 1533799 (source: EbpS)
[Unknown Type]: ybp15185711