- This book looks at the role of media in the struggle for transgender inclusion. From television shows like Orange is the New Black and Transparent, to the real-life struggles of Caitlyn Jenner splashed across the headlines, transgender visibility is on the rise. The book offers a snapshot of how transgender individuals made their way toward a sense of ordinary life by integrating available media into their everyday experiences.
Table of Contents:
- Machine generated contents note: 1. We Can No Longer Hide in Plain Sight: From the Cultural Margins to the Tipping Point
- 2. I Sort of Refused to Take Myself Seriously: Transgender Impossibilities and the Desire for Everydayness
- 3. I Want to Be Like a Really Badass Lady: Media and Transgender Possibilities
- 4. You Have to Be Really Strong: Practicing Resilient Reception
- 5. We're Just Living Life: Media and the Struggle for the Ordinary.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 197-210) and index.
Description based on print version record.
- 1 online resource.
- HQ77.9 .C398 2018eb
- 9781479871841 (electronic bk.)
1479871842 (electronic bk.)
Other Standard Numbers:
- [Unknown Type]: 40027998555
Other Control Numbers:
- 1612018 (source: EbpS)
[Unknown Type]: ybp15150422