- Pink argues that the secret to high performance and satisfaction in today's world is the deeply human need to direct our own lives, to learn and create new things, and to do better by ourselves and our world.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: The puzzling puzzles of Harry Harlow and Edward Deci
- pt. 1. A new operating system. The rise and fall of motivation 2.0 ; Seven reasons carrots and sticks (often) don't work ; ... And the special circumstances when they do ; Type I and type X
- pt. 2. The three elements. Autonomy ; Mastery ; Purpose
- pt. 3. The type I toolkit. Type 1 for individuals: nine strategies for awakening your motivation ; Type 1 for organizations: nine ways to improve your company, office, or group ; The zen of compensation: paying people the Type 1 way ; Type 1 for parents and educators: nine ideas for helping our kids ; The Type 1 reading list: fifteen essential books ; Listen to the gurus: six business thinkers who get it ; The Type 1 fitness plan: four tips for getting (and staying) motivated to exercise ; Drive: the recap ; Drive: the glossary ; The Drive discussion guide: twenty conversation starters to keep you thinking and talking ; Find out more
- about yourself and this topic.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1 online resource
- text file
- BF503 .P475 2009eb
- 9781101150856 (electronic bk., Adobe Digital Editions)
1101150858 (electronic bk., Adobe Digital Editions)
9781101152140 (electronic bk., Adobe Digital Editions)
1101152141 (electronic bk., Adobe Digital Editions)
Other Standard Numbers:
- [Unknown Type]: 3071013
Library of Congress Control Numbers:
- 2009040651 [Invalid]