Table of Contents:
- Cover; Title; Copyright; Dedication; Contents; Foreword; Preface; Acknowledgments; 1 Introduction; Part I Resisting Convention: Counternarratives to Conventional Norms and Practices in the Academy; 2 Leading as a Chicana Feminist in a Predominantly White Institution; 3 What Looks Like Bravery in the Academy: Reflections of an African-American Woman Engineer; 4 Being Brave in the Ivory Towers as "Zape-tah-hol-ah" (Sticks with Bow)
- 5 "Working the Cracks" in Academia and Beyond: Cultivating "Race" and Social Justice Convergence Spaces, Networks, and Liberation Capital for Social Transformation in the Neoliberal University; 6 Resisting Sexual Harassment in Academia; 7 Un-Disciplined: A Conversation Between Two Sisters Who Left Graduate School; 8 "You're Doing What?!?": Leaving Academia to Answer the Call; Part II Collective Resistance: Counternarratives to the Ethos of Individualistic Meritocracy in the Academy; 9 Love Note; 10 La Colectiva: Peer Mentoring on the Path to Thrival
- 11 Fiery Mind, Full Heart, Brave Soul: A Model for Women of Color to Thrive in Historically White Colleges and Universities; 12 Courageous Xicanas: Living Legacies of Comadrazgo in the Academy; 13 "We Got You": What Raising Up the Next Generation of Scholar-Activists Has Taught Me; 14 On the Wings of Communal Bravery; Part III Embodied Resistance: Counternarratives to Hegemonic Identities in the Academy; 15 A Letter for Auntie Lorde; 16 On Being Powerfully Vulnerable and Why I Love My Black Woman's Tears; 17 Vulnerability: The New Brave; 18 Undocumented in the Ivory Tower
- 19 A Latinx Testimonio of Motherhood in Academia; 20 On Desiderata; Afterword; List of Contributors; Index
- Item content: English
- Description based on: Online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on July 27, 2018).
- 1 online resource.
- LC212.42 .C68 2019eb
- 9780429878831 (electronic book)
0429878834 (electronic book)
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC5450911 (source: MiAaPQ)
[Unknown Type]: ybp15596829