- "Five children - and only five - were going to be allowed into Mr. Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. The lucky five would get to see all the mysterious machinery in the factory where the world's most wonderful candy was made..."--page  of volume.
Table of Contents:
- Here comes Charlie
- Mr. Willy Wonka's factory
- Mr. Wonka and the Indian prince
- The secret workers
- The golden tickets
- The first two finders
- Charlie's birthday
- Two more golden tickets found
- Grandpa Joe takes a gamble
- The family begins to starve
- The miracle
- What it said on the golden ticket
- The big day arrives
- Mr. Willy Wonka
- The chocolate room
- The Oompa-Loompas
- Augustus Gloop goes up the pipe
- Down the chocolate river
- The inventing room : everlasting gobstoppers and hair toffee
- The great gum machine
- Good-by Violet
- Along the corridor
- Square candies that look round
- Veruca in the nut room
- The great glass elevator
- The television-chocolate room
- Mike Teavee is sent by television
- Only Charlie left
- The other children go home
- Charlie's chocolate factory.
- Item content: English
- Bound in publisher's quarter yellow/brown cloth over light beige colored paper-covered boars with gilt spine titles and blindstamped titles on front cover. Retains original dust jacket.
Special Collection's copy is of the first edition, possibly 3rd or 4th printing?. The dust jacket has the $3.95 price and the sbn on the rear cover. It does have the first edition descriptions of the Oompa-Loompas as African pygmies.
Special Collection's copy has a signed photograph of Gene Wilder as Willie Wonka affixed to front free end-page, and a signed card signed by Denise Nickerson (Violet Beauregarde) on the same page. On the half-title page page is affixed a card with poster from the movie, signed by Peter Ostrum (Charlie Bucket). Affixed to the dedication page is bookplate signed by Roald Dahl. Inserted in the volume are 4 signed cards with posters from the movie signed by Michael Bollner (Augustus Gloop); Julie Cole (Veruca Salt); Paris Themmen (Mike Teevee)(with drawing by Themmen); David Saxon (Film Editor). Also inserted in the volume is a yellow paper copy of a "Golden Ticket" signed by Mel Stuart (Director). Also inserted is a clipping from the New York Times from August 30, 2016, with obituary of Gene Wilder.
- 12 unnumbered pages, 161 pages, 3 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- PR6054.A35 C437 1964
Library of Congress Control Numbers: