- "Recounts the forgotten history of racial cleansing in America, when thousands of African Americans were driven from their homes and communities by violent racist mobs in the late 19th and early 20th centuries ... The film places these events in the context of present day race relations, by following three concrete cases of towns that remain all -white to this day: Forsyth County, Georgia; Pierce City, Missouri; & Harrison, Arkansas"--Original container.
Table of Contents:
- Forsyth County, Georgia
- Search for family deeds
- Journalistic research
- Pierce City, Missouri
- Harrison, Arkansas
- Fragile truce : Pierce City and Forsyth County
- Harris, Maia, screenwriter, producer
McCarthy, Stephen, cinematographer, videographer
Murray, David, 1955-, composer
Williams, Marco, screenwriter, director, producer
California Newsreel (Firm)
Center for Investigative Reporting (U.S.)
Independent Television Service
National Black Programming Consortium
Two Tone Productions
- This edition in English.
- Black studies in video
- Originally produced as a documentary film in 2007.
Restricted to the University of North Texas System.
Previously released as DVD.
- 1 online resource (1 video file (84 min.))
- video file
- Online Video
Other Control Numbers:
- 1857908 (source: VaAlASP)
[Unknown Type]: ASP1857479/avon