- Abstract: "This book offers crucial perspectives on the utilization of online social networks in political discourse and how these alterations have affected previous modes of correspondence, highlighting key issues through theoretical foundations and pertinent case studies"--Provided by publisher.
Table of Contents:
- Social media, participation, and attitudes: does social media drive polarization? / Justin W. Holmes, Ramona Sue McNeal
- "Microblog, a public sphere?": an examination of opinion expression about "Snowden Affair" on Twitter and Sina Weibo / Shaohai Jiang
- Social media activism: a contested field / Pantelis Vatikiotis
- Radical political communication and social media: the case of the Mexican #YoSoy132 / Lázaro M. Bacallao-Pino
- Reformulating government-citizen relations in a digitally connected world: the Twitter ban phenomenon in Turkey / Helin Alagöz Gessler
- Imperfect bipartisanship and Spanish pluralism: the keys to success of Podemos on Twitter / Marta Pérez Escolar
- Political communication and Twitter in Greece: jumps on the bandwagon or an enhancement of the political dialogue? / Stamatis Poulakidakos, Anastasia Veneti
- The performative role of hashtags in the politicization of Europe: Twitter and European elections in 2014 / Maria Francesca Murru
- Post as much and as diversely as possible: intensity and innovation in the application of Twitter by Political parties during the 2014 Slovenian national election campaign / Alem Maksuti, Tomaz Dezelan
- European elections and Facebook: political advertising and deliberation? / Lucia Vesnic-Alujevic
- One of many tools to win the election: a study of Facebook posts by presidential candidates in the 2012 Election / Ashik Shafi, Fred Vultee
- Facebook photographic images: political tools of self-presentation during the 2014 European Parliament elections in Romania / Camelia Cmeciu.
, publisher, http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/pbl
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from title screen (IGI Global, viewed 02/20/2016).
- 1 online resource (333 pages) : illustrations
- HM741 .R48 2016eb
- 9781466698802 (electronic)
9781466698796 (print) [Invalid]
Other Standard Numbers:
- Digital Object Identifier: 10.4018/978-1-4666-9879-6
Other Control Numbers:
- gtp00564920 (source: CaBNVSL)
[Unknown Type]: igi00140971