- "In her third collection of poetry, Holy Wild, Gwen Benaway explores the complexities of being an Indigenous trans woman in expansive lyric poems. She holds up the Indigenous trans body as a site of struggle, liberation, and beauty. A confessional poet, Benaway narrates her sexual and romantic intimacies with partners as well as her work to navigate the daily burden of transphobia and violence. She examines the intersections of Indigenous and trans experience through autobiographical poems and continues to speak to the legacy of abuse, violence, and colonial erasure that defines Canada. Her sparse lines, interwoven with English and Anishinaabemowin (Ojibwe), illustrate the wonder and power of Indigenous trans womanhood in motion. Holy Wild is not an easy book, as Benaway refuses to give any simple answers, but it is a profoundly vibrant and beautiful work filled with a transcendent grace."-- [Provided by publisher]
Table of Contents:
- Machine generated contents note: Akii
- Girls Like Me
- White Passing
- Holy Wild
- Olympia, Washington
- Fuck Your Fear
- Love Letter For Trans Girls
- NDN Transsexual
- Text in English and Anishinaabemowin (Ojibwe).
- Place of publication from publisher's website.
Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on December 10, 2018).
- 1 online resource
- PR9199.4.B45945 A5 2018eb
- 9781771664400 (electronic book)
1771664401 (electronic book)
9781771664417 (electronic book)
177166441X (electronic book)
9781771664394 (paperback) [Invalid]
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC5529925 (source: MiAaPQ)
[Unknown Type]: ybp15747362