- "The Costume Supervisor's Toolkit explores the responsibilities of a Costume Supervisor within a theatrical, opera or dance production company. Rebecca Pride provides an insight into all manner of processes, beginning with a definition of the role, and offers explanations of the timeline from the first design meetings, leading all the way up to managing fittings and final rehearsals. This how-to guide outlines best working practices including building a team and creating a costume bible, whilst also providing helpful resources such as sizing guides, a list of useful addresses, and case studies from renowned theatrical organizations"--Provided by publisher.
Table of Contents:
- Cover; Title; Copyright; Dedication; Contents; List of Illustrations; Foreword; Acknowledgments; List of Contributors; Introduction; The Costume Supervisor as Facilitator; Structure of the Book; Chapter 1: What Does a Costume Supervisor Do?; The Theatre Team Structure; Defining the Role; Chapter 2: Different Types and Genres of Production; Large-scale Production of a Classic Twentieth-century Play; Modern British Musical Pantomime in a Large Provincial Theatre; Student Faculty Production of a Restoration Comedy in a Site-responsive Venue; Chapter 3: Developing Good Communication Skills
- Getting HiredFirst Design Meeting with Director, Designer and Production Manager; Listening; Chapter 4: Setting up Your Team; Leadership; Costume Roles and Responsibilities; Setting up the Finance and Cash Flow for Your Production; Chapter 5: Budgeting; Creating a Costing Sheet; Estimating Fabric Quantities; Accessing Cash for Shopping Expeditions; Receipt Management; Purchase Orders; Chapter 6: First Rehearsal and Creating the Costume Bible; First Rehearsal; Taking Accurate Measurements, and Etiquette Rules to be Observed When Measuring Actors; Recording Information in the Costume Bible
- Chapter 7: Sourcing: Construct, Hire or Buy?Costume Hire Stores; Shopping; Chapter 8: Managing the Rehearsal Process; Fittings; Creating a Calm Fitting Space; Second Fittings; Costume Parades; Pre-tech Rehearsal and Meeting; Chapter 9: Tech Week; Working with the Running Wardrobe Team; Fitting Understudies; Epilogue; Appendices; 1: Fabric Identification Guide; 2: The Costume Supervisor's Contract; 3: Male and Female Measurement Forms; 4: Standard Size Charts; 5: Creating a Document Using Excel; Glossary; Production Credits; Useful Addresses; Bibliography; Author Biography; Index
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on October 31, 2018).
- 1 online resource (xxii, 170 pages)
- text file
- PN2067 .P685 2019eb
- 9781317294726 (electronic book)
1317294726 (electronic book)
9781315646343 (electronic book)
131564634X (electronic book)