- Periods enter the spotlight in this essay collection that raises a variety of voices on a topic long shrouded in shame and secrecy.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction / by Kate Farrell
- She'll become a woman later / by Arisleyda Dilone
- Periods and friendship / by Ann Friedman and Aminatou Sow
- Going with the flow: blood and sisterhood at the London Marathon / by Madame Gandhi
- I can't walk but I can bleed / by Santina Muha
- There's a first for everything / by Ingrid Nilsen
- My period and me: a trans guy's guide to menstruation / by Wiley Reading
- Black blood / by Ashley Reese
- The homeless period: it doesn't bear thinking about and that's the problem / by Kylyssa Shay
- Bad blood / by Emma Straub
- The politics of periods / by Jennifer Weiss-Wolf
- Periods, according to pop culture / by Elizabeth Yuko
- About the authors.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references.
Ages: 15 & up.
Grades: 10 & up.
- 208 pages ; 20 cm
- J612.6 P445pe
- 9781250141941 (paperback)
Library of Congress Control Numbers:
Other Control Numbers:
- [Unknown Type]: jlg20047816