- How casual games like Guitar Hero, Bejeweled, and those for Nintendo Wii are expanding the audience for video games.
Table of Contents:
- A casual revolution
- What is casual?
- All the games you played before
- Innovations and clones: the gradual evolution of downloadable casual games
- Return to player space: the success of mimetic interface games
- Social meaning and social goals
- Casual play in a hardcore game
- Players, developers, and the future of video games.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 233-245) and index.
Description based on: Print version record.
- 1 online resource (viii, 252 pages) : illustrations
- text file
- GV1469.34.P79 J88 2010eb
- 9780262258968 (electronic bk.)
026225896X (electronic bk.)
9780262013376 (hardcover, alk. paper)
0262013371 (hardcover, alk. paper)