- Two leading speech therapists in the field explain what voice and communication therapy can offer transgender and non-binary individuals and the interventions used. Each chapter features narratives of individuals transitioning, giving an account of their experience transferring voice and communication skills from the clinic to the real world.
Table of Contents:
- The Voice Book for Trans and Non-Binary People: A Practical Guide to Creating and Sustaining Authentic Voice and Communication by Matthew Mills and Gillie Stoneham; Online Resource; Acknowledgements ; Preface; Introduction; Chapter 1
- Let's Start at the Very Beginning ; Chapter 2
- Understanding the Challenge of Change; Chapter 3
- Understanding the Anatomy and Physiology of Sound; Chapter 4
- The Vocal Workout: Learning through practice; Chapter 5
- Moving From Exercises into Situations ; Chapter 6
- Supporting Change and Integration of Vocal Identity; Chapter 7
- The Wider Journey
- Item content: English
- Description based upon print version of record.
ReferencesIndex; Blank Page
Description based on online resource; title from digital title page (viewed on August 03, 2017).
- 1 online resource
- text file
- PN4162 .M55 2017eb
- 9781784503949 (electronic book)
1784503940 (electronic book)
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC4784945 (source: MiAaPQ)
[Unknown Type]: ybp14440905