- A fascinating look at one of the greatest social maladies of our time: overconsumption and materialism. Hosted by National Public Radio's Scott Simon, the program explores both the comical and sobering aspects of our consumerism and its enormous impact on families, communities and the environment. With the help of historians and archival film, Affluenza reveals the forces that have dramatically transformed us from a nation that prizes thriftiness--with strong beliefs in 'plain living and high thinking'--into the ultimate consumer society.
- De Graaf, John, film producer, screenwriter
Boe, Vivia, film producer
Simon, Scott, host
Harwood, Richard, commentator
KCTS (Television station : Seattle, Wash.)
Oregon Public Broadcasting
- Host: Scott Simon ; commentary: Richard Harwood [and 16 others].
- Photography, David Fox, Greg Bond, Brett Wood, Greg Davis, Tom Speer, Diana Wilmar, Kevin Felts ; sound, Gene Koon, Bill Ward, Dave Hussey, Linde Eidemiller, Restituto Bagcal, Merle Carey, Myron Partman ; music, Sheila Espinoza ; editors, John de Graaf, Charlie Hinckley, Vivia Boe, Gale Franko.
- Streaming media.
Restricted to the University of North Texas System.
Originally produced by: KCTS Television, c1997.
Description based on online resource; title from title frames (Docuseek2, viewed June 4, 2015).
- Grades: 6 and up.
- 1 online resource (1 video file (56 min.)) : sound, color
- video file
- Online Video
Other Standard Numbers:
- Publisher Number, Docuseek2: bf-affl
Other Control Numbers:
- [Unknown Type]: doc00000373