- Delves into the world of visualized data where stunning infographics that blend the facts with their connections, contexts, and relationships make information meaningful, entertaining, and beautiful.
"In this sequel to the bestselling book The Visual Miscellaneum, author David McCandless uses stunning and unique visuals to reveal unexpected insights into how the world really works. Every day, every hour, every minute we are bombarded with information, from television, from newspapers, from the Internet, we're steeped in it. We need a way to relate to it. Enter David McCandless and his stunning infographics, simple, elegant ways to interact with information too complex or abstract to grasp any way but visually. McCandless creates visually stunning displays that blend the facts with their connections, contexts, and relationships, making information meaningful, entertaining, and beautiful. And his genius is as much in finding fresh ways to provocatively combine datasets as it is in finding new ways to show the results."--Publisher information.
Table of Contents:
- Life : Media ; Health ; Food ; Transport
- Mind : Ideas ; Science ; Tech ; Thought
- Culture : Society ; Pop ; History ; Money
- World : Global ; Business ; Nature ; Space ; Simple.
- Item content: English
- 255 pages : color illustrations, maps ; 26 cm
- AG250 .M35 2014
- 9780062188229 (pbk.)
Library of Congress Control Numbers: