- "This revised edition of the best-selling text in the field includes a guiding framework of organizational analysis emphasizing the integration and coordination of the domains of the organization with the motivations, work attitudes, and behaviors of the people who lead them. Includes new research and practice from the US and internationally in collaboration and networks, innovation, process improvement through IT, open government and citizen participation, customer service, and a provides a greater emphasis on management practice through illustrative examples of those who are leading successful change efforts"-- [Provided by publisher]
Table of Contents:
- Challenge of effective public organization and management
- Understanding the study of organizations: a historical review
- What makes public organizations distinctive
- Analyzing the environment of public organizations
- Impact of political power and public policy
- Organizational goals and effectiveness
- Formulating and achieving purpose: power, decision making, and strategy
- Organizational structure, design, technology, information technology, and social media
- Understanding people in public organizations: motivation and motivation theory
- Understanding people in public organizations: values, incentives, and work-related attitudes
- Leadership, managerial roles, and organizational culture
- Teamwork: understanding communication and conflict in groups
- Managing organizational change and development
- Advancing effective management in the public sector.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Machine generated contents note: Figures, Tables, and Exhibits Preface The Author Part One The Dynamic Context of Public Organizations 1 The Challenge of Effective Public Organization and Management 2 Understanding the Study of Organizations: A Historical Review 3 What Makes Public Organizations Distinctive 4 Analyzing the Environment of Public Organizations 5 The Impact of Political Power and Public Policy Part Two Key Dimensions of Organizing and Managing 6 Organizational Goals and Effectiveness 7 Formulating and Achieving Purpose: Power, Decision Making, and Strategy 8 Organizational Structure, Design, Technology, Information Technology, and Social Media 9 Understanding People in Public Organizations: Motivation and Motivation Theory 10 Understanding People in Public Organizations: Values, Incentives, and Work-Related Attitudes 11 Leadership, Managerial Roles, and Organizational Culture 12 Teamwork: Understanding Communication and Conflict in Groups Part Three Strategies for Managing and Improving Public Organizations 13 Managing Organizational Change and Development 14 Advancing Effective Management in the Public Sector References Additional Reference Materials Name Index Subject Index.
Description based on: Print version record and CIP data provided by publisher.
- 1 online resource (xx, 571 pages).
- text file
- JF1351 .R27 2014
Library of Congress Control Numbers:
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC1595184 (source: MiAaPQ)