The same difference
a film by Nneka Onuorah; director/producer, Nneka Onuorah; Nneka Productions
- Resource Type:
- DVD Video
- New York : Women Make Movies, 
|SAM 2015 DVD||Checking availability||Request pickup|
- "The Same Difference" shines a light on the all-too-often ignored problem of homophobia and gender discrimination within the black lesbian community. Onuorah's fascinating and original documentary examines what happens when lesbians discriminate against each other over violations of the strict code that separates butches from femmes. The film examines how these behaviors reproduce the homophobic oppression and masculine privilege of the straight world, while looking for solutions in compelling discussions with community members. Self-identified studs - and the women who love them - discuss hypocrisy in terms of gender roles, performative expectations, and the silent disciplining that occurs within the community. [...] The Same Difference highlights relationships and experiences within the queer female community, intersecting race, gender and sexuality"--from container.
- Table of Contents:
- Rule #1. Must be a stud or a femme. Nothing in-between
- Rule #2. No stud on stud
- White lesbians vs. black lesbians
- Rule #3. No bisexuals!
- Rule #4. No pregnant studs.
- Onuorah, Nneka, film director, screenwriter, film producerBrooks, Danielle, narratorBrown, Carolyn M., intervieweeDavis, Ariane, intervieweeDeLaria, Lea, intervieweeJessica, intervieweeJohnson, Po, intervieweeKellz, King, intervieweeLady Luck, intervieweeLivingston, AzMarie, intervieweePearson, Felicia, 1980-, intervieweeNneka Productions (Firm), production companyWomen Make Movies (Firm), film distributor
- Language Notes:
- Item content: English
- System Details:
- DVD-R; NTSC; all regions; 16:9 presentation; Dolby digital 2.0.
- Cast: Danielle Brooks (narrator); with: Felicia "Snoop" Pearson, King Kellz, Mercedes Wadley, AzMarie [Ashley Marie] Livingston, Ariane Davis, Po Johnson, Kamille Leai, Tony K, Crissle West, Dee Pimpin, Ebony Droke, Aida Bakhos, Jessica Betts, Kai Davis, Carolyn Brown, Bridgette Harris, Shalene Price, Megan Gillispie, Shannon Wallace, Chanel Ross, Damante Outlaw, David Lightsky, Nykia Holmes, Dominique Peoples, Francisco "Boc" Cruz, Vashon "Shawny" Smith, Teshawna Graham, Mel Williams, Tamisha "Baby" Johnson, Kandice "Face" Fawlkner, Carter the body, Wet Dream, Cisbob, Juicebox, Gloria "Miami" Perez, Elline Surianello, Lisa Cintron, Brandi Miller, Pamela Olsten, MiMi Richards, Natiya Joseph, Veania Baker, Jeanette Grey, Kate Frawley, Lauren Brenner, Stephanie Anderson, Jakai Reid, Simone Spencer, Felicia Joseph, Victoria Russino, Charde' Betton, Crye' Irby, Angel Wright, Kimberly Cardoza, Nakeema Shannon, Blu Semper, Mary Wright, Jordan Diaz-Cross, Tanya Diaz-Cross, Samantha Sanchez, Lea Delaria, Shabrena Kelleybrew, Kysharece "Young eff" Young, Lady Luck, "Nor" Thompson, Felicia A. Tolbert, Natalie White, Natasha White, Shabria Belk, Nejim Grant, Bessie Keita, Eartha Marks, Stephanie Comea, Alima DeVerterii, Tia Rollins-Williams, Datarra Darden, Autumn Alexander, Terry Drumgoole, Samia Lawrence.
- Production Credits:
- Director of photography, Paris Holmes ; editors, Anthony Vario, Ryan Rector, Yvette Wojciechowski ; co-producer, Anthony Vario.
- General Notes:
- DVD release of the 2015 documentary film.
Public performance rights included.
Winner : Audience Award at NewFest, New York's LGBT Film Festival, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (approximately 66 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Physical Characteristics:
- plastic; metal; polychrome
- Audio Characteristics:
- digital; optical; stereo; Dolby
- Video Characteristics:
- Digital Characteristics:
- video file; DVD video
- Call Numbers:
- SAM 2015 DVD
- Other Standard Numbers:
- Publisher Number, Women Make Movies: W161175
- OCLC Numbers: