- "The fully revised and updated Atlas of the North American Indian, Third Edition contains more than 120 full-color maps that detail the migrations, tribal locations, historical landmarks, reservations, and other important settings related to American Indians, as well as chronicling their interactions with European colonists and other non-Native peoples. Complementing the maps, the text is divided into chapters that convey the history, traditions, conflicts, land cessions, and contemporary ways of life of American Indians. More than 140 black-and-white and color photographs and illustrations of people, places, and artifacts important in the history of Native America enhance the text."--Page 4 of cover.
Table of Contents:
- Ancient native peoples
- Ancient civilizations
- Native lifeways
- Native peoples and explorers
- Indian wars
- Native land cessions and a changing way of life
- Contemporary native North Americans.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 420-426) and index.
Originally published: New York : Facts on File, 1985.
- 1 atlas (xiv, 450 pages) : illustrations (chiefly color), maps (chiefly color) ; 29 cm
- G1106.E1 W3 2009
- 9780816068586 (hardcover, alk. paper)
0816068585 (hardcover, alk. paper)
0816068593 (pbk., alk. paper)
9780816068593 (pbk., alk. paper)
Library of Congress Control Numbers: