- "Readers will learn how to build a complete working science lab (starting with a workbench) for chemistry, biology, and physics--and how to perform experiments with those tools. The instructions and experiments may appear fearless and bold by today's standards, but many from previous generations fondly remember how we as a society used to approach scientific learning. As you build your equipment, you'll get ready for the over 1600 experiments in the book: Isolating hydrogen, growing crystals, finding lifeforms in a drop of water, measuring everything from mass to conductivity to metabolism rates to cosmic radiation, building an electric motor, and tracking the moons of Jupiter!"--Cover page .
Table of Contents:
- Part I, Chemistry: General laboratory equipment
- Part II, Physics: Astronomy and light; atomic energy; electricity and magnetism; force, measurement, and motion; geology; meteorology (weather)
- Part III, Biology: General biology equipment
- Part IV, Appendix.
- Item content: English
- Includes index.
- xxv, 305 pages : illustrations; 25 cm.
- Q185.3 .B35 2015