- Assessments are a part of a physical educator's daily life. But most teachers struggle to find enough time to analyze their curriculum and develop assessments to track students' learning. Enter Elementary Physical Education Teaching & Assessment: A Practical Guide, Second Edition. This guide is designed to make the assessment process not only easier but also more manageable. Assessment becomes not a burden in a teacher's life but an essential teaching tool that assists students in learning what they need to learn-and indeed can motivate and challenge them to take charge of their learning.
Table of Contents:
- Introducing alternative assessment
- Scoring and creating alternative assessment tasks
- Managing the assessment process
- Using your assessment data
- Standards and curriculum
- Using standards to develop your curriculum
- Safety and participation
- Movement concepts
- Locomotor skills
- Nonlocomotor skills
- Manipulative skills
- Health, activity, and fitness.
- Item content: English
- Previous ed. published as: Teaching for outcomes in elementary physical education.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 289-291).
- x, 293 pages : illustrations ; 29 cm
- GV443 .H66 2005
- 0736044051 (soft cover)
9780736044059 (soft cover)
Library of Congress Control Numbers: