Table of Contents:
- Introduction: this is where I begin / Brenda L.H. Marina
- PhorwarD progress: moving ahead through mentorship in the academy / Jennifer M. Johnson and Jeanette C. Snider
- I am my sister's keeper: a dual mentoring perspective of women of color in STEM / Krystal A. Foxx and Virginia C. Tickles
- Navigating the turbulent boundaries of a PhD program: a supportive peer-mentoring relationship / Jean Ostrom-Blonigen and Cindy Larson-Casselton
- Burdens of the gifted: moving inside the margins / Allison E. McWilliams
- A novice is a novice at any level: a narrative of the experiences of two female academics in their beginning years of teaching in a higher education institution in Jamaica / Dian D. McCallum
- The courage to give, the courage to receive: mentor-protege relations with women of color / Lillie Ben
- The role of a mentor in supporting early career academics: the relationship is more important than the label / Julie Haddock-Millar and Chandana Sanyal
- Beyond sisterhood: using shared identities to build peer mentor networks and secure social capital in the academy / Tamara Bertrand Jones, JeffriAnne Wilder, and La'Tara Osborne-Lampkin
- Surviving the academy: reflections on mentoring female faculty in higher education / Isaac A. BLankson, Venessa A. Brown, and Ayse Y Evrensel
- Mentoring practices for female faculty: the role of professional networks / Emma Previato
- Conclusion: lessons learned / Brenda L.H. Marina.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on: Print version record.
- 1 online resource.
- text file
- LC1568 .M46 2015eb
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC2055686 (source: MiAaPQ)