- "The SAGE Handbook of Political Advertising provides a comprehensive view of the role political advertising plays in democracies around the world. Editors Lynda Lee Kaid and Christina Holtz-Bacha, along with an international group of contributors, examine the differences as well as the similarities of political advertising in established and evolving democratic governments. Key Features: Offers an international perspective: This handbook examines the political television advertising process that has evolved in democracies around the world, including countries in Asia, Europe, Australia, Africa, Latin America, and North America. In addition, a comparative overview addresses the effects of political advertising on the voters and the systems of which it is a part. Provides comprehensive coverage: For each country presented, an analysis is given of its political advertising history, its cultural implications, the political and regulatory systems related to political advertising, the effects of media system structures, and the effects of new technologies. Includes examples from recent elections: The role specific candidate- or party-controlled television plays in a specific region's electoral process is examined. Original research on recent elections confirms the expanding significance of this form of political communication. This is an excellent resource for media professionals and practicing journalists, as well as a welcome addition to any academic library. It can also be used as a textbook for advanced undergraduate and graduate courses on Political Advertising in the fields of Political Science, Communication, Broadcasting, Journalism, and International Relations." http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0658/2005037852-d.html.
Table of Contents:
- Political advertising in international comparison / Christina Holtz-Bacha and Lynda Lee Kaid
- Methodologies for the study of political advertising / Anne Johnston
- Political advertising in the United States / Lynda Lee Kaid
- Political advertising in the United Kingdom / Margaret Scammell and Ana Inés Langer
- Election broadcasts in France / Lynda Lee Kaid and Nathalie Gagnère
- Political advertising in Spain and Portugal / Colleen Connolly-Ahern and Julio César Herrero
- From electoral propaganda to political advertising in Israel / Dan Caspi and Baruch Leshem
- Political advertising and democracy in Brazil / Mauro P. Porto
- Political advertising in Chile / Markus Moke
- Political advertising in Germany / Christina Holtz-Bacha
- Political advertising on television in the Nordic and Baltic states / Tom Moring
- Polispots in Greece : between partisanship and media logic / Athanassios N. Samaras and Stylianos Papathanassopoulos
- Sure to come, but temporarily delayed : The Netherlands in search of the political ad / Kees Brants
- TV political advertising in Italy : when politicians are afraid / Gianpietro Mazzoleni
- Political advertising in Mexico / José-Carlos Lozano
- Political advertising in Australia and New Zealand / Julianne Stewart
- Political advertising in Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan / Jinyoung Tak
- A spiral of post-Soviet cynicism : the first decade of political advertising in Russia / Sarah Oates
- Political communication and advertising in Poland / Wojciech Cwalina and Andrzej Falkowski
- Political advertising in Hungarian electoral communications / Jolán Róka
- Fifteen years of televised political advertising developments in Bulgaria / Lilia Raycheva
- Political advertising in a "new" democracy : the Czech Republic / Jan Jirák and Otakar Šoltys
- Persuading voters and political advertising in Turkey / Baki Can
- Political advertising in emerging democracies : the Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia / Lars Willnat and Annette Aw
- Deficient democracies, media pluralism, and political advertising in West Africa / Frank Wittmann and Baba Thiam
- Political advertising in South Africa / Ruth Teer-Tomaselli
- Television advertising and democratic systems around the world : a comparison of videostyle content and effects / Lynda Lee Kaid and Christina Holtz-Bacha.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- 1 online resource.
- JF2112.A4 S24 2006eb
- 9781452261546 (electronic bk.)
1452261547 (electronic bk.)
Other Standard Numbers:
- International Article Number: 9781412917957
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC996623 (source: MiAaPQ)
[Unknown Type]: ybp9450748