- Abstract: The author believes, in this modern era of globalization, managers venturing forth to engage alien societies must be armed with cross-cultural skills that go above and beyond the instructions of how to kiss, bow, or shake hands. This book provides a more concise, simple, and practical approach that cuts through the complicated cultural matrix.
This book is divided into three sections. The first section explains how culture acts as the prime driver of our life-- the filter of our senses and the guide of our values, hence the measurement barometer upon which all our decisions and behavior are constructed; the second section examines how cross-cultural determinants should function as a worthwhile tool in cross-cultural engagement proposing a two-step concentration; and the final section offers the practical application of specific techniques that will help you navigate the cross-cultural milieu and become a cultural detective.
Table of Contents:
- Section 1. The basics of culture
- 1. What is culture, where does it come from?
- 2. Culture and the commercial interloper
- 3. Approaches to cross-cultural understanding
- Section 2. Analyzing cross-cultural determinants
- 4. The Janus pedagogy
- 5. Filtering the cultural determinant milieu
- Section 3. Putting it all together
- 6. Cultural navigation techniques
- 7. Final thoughts
- Bibliography of recommended cases on cross-cultural studies.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on title page of print version.
- 1 online resource (24 entries) : 17 images.
- text file
- HD62.4 .B444 2012eb
- 9781782680734 (online)
1606493906 (electronic bk.) [Invalid]
9781606493908 (electronic bk.) [Invalid]
9781606493892 (pbk.) [Invalid]
Other Control Numbers:
- slc00231439 (source: CaBNVSL)
bepccmcon2012 (source: Credo)
[Unknown Type]: Credo9781782680734