- Abstract: This reader brings together, for the first time, in one core volume the essential readings that have emerged in Digital Humanities. Chapters provide a historical overview of how the term 'Humanities Computing' developed into the term 'Digital Humanities', and highlight core readings which explore the meaning, scope, and implementation of the field.
Table of Contents:
- Is humanities computing an academic discipline? / Geoffrey Rockwell
- What is humanities computing and what is not? / John Unsworth
- Information technology and the troubled humanities / Jerome McGann
- Disciplined : using educational studies to analyse "humanities computing" / Melissa Terras
- Tree, turf, centre, archipelago, or, Wild acre? : metaphors and stories for humanities computing / Willard McCarty
- The history and definition of digital humanities computing / Edward Vanhoutte
- Humanities computing as digital humanities / Patrick Svensson
- Something called digital humanities / Wendell Piez
- What is digital humanities and what's it doing in English departments? / Matthew Kirschenbaum
- The productive unease of 21st century digital scholarship / Julia Flanders
- Towards a conceptual framework for the digital humanities / Paul Rosenbloom
- Digital humanities is a spectrum, or, We're all digital humanists now / Lincoln Mullen
- Who's in and who's out / Stephen Ramsay
- On building / Stephen Ramsay
- Inclusion in the digital humanities / Geoffrey Rockwell
- The digital humanities is not about building, it's about sharing / Mark Sample
- I'm Chris where am I wrong / Chris Forster
- Peering inside the big tent / Melissa Terras
- ADHO, on love and money / Bethany Nowviskie
- Selected definitions from the day of digital humanities
- Digital humanities definitions by type / Fred Gibbs.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references.
Description based on title page of print version.
- 1 online resource (34 entries) : 3 images.
- AZ105 .D44 2013eb
- 9781409469629 (hardback) [Invalid]
9781409469636 (paperback) [Invalid]
9781409469643 (ebk-PDF) [Invalid]
9781409469650 (ebk-ePUB) [Invalid]
9781784029357 (electronic version)
Library of Congress Control Numbers:
- 2013020285 [Invalid]
Other Control Numbers:
- gtp00561515 (source: CaBNVSL)
ashgtddh2013 (source: Credo)
[Unknown Type]: Credo9781784029357