- A facsimile of folios 1-39 of Cotton MS Nero C. IV at the British Library, London, comprising a cycle of miniatures depicting scenes from the Old Testament, the lives of Christ and the Virgin Mary, and the Second Coming and Last Judgement, which precede the text of the Book of Psalms. Printed from digitized versions of these 12th century illuminations in manuscript psalters probably made for use in Winchester, England, under the patronage of Henry of Blois.
Table of Contents:
- Vol. [1.] [Facsimiles of illuminations]
- vol. [2.] The Winchester Psalter miniature cycle : commentary / Kristine Edmondson Haney.
- Item content: English
- Also known as 'The Psalter of Henry of Blois', and formerly known as the 'St Swithun's Psalter'
"The edition is limited to 980 numbered copies for sale to members of The Folio Society and 20 lettered copies hors de commerce"-- Colophon of the facsimile.
Includes Index of manuscripts: Commentary volume: pages 89-91.
Consists of 3 items: 1. Facsimile volume 33 x 24 cm. 80 pages. Bound in Indian goatskin and blocked with 2-colour design by Joe McLaren, with gilded top edge -- 2. Commentary volume 24 x 17 cm. 100 pages. Bound in buckram and blocked on front and spine -- 3. Solander presentation box 36 x 26 x 6 cm. Bound in buckram and lined with Merida paper. Blocked on front and spine, with inset label on front of box depicting the Harrowing of Hell: Folio 24, top panel.
Title from spine of presentation box; Imprint from Commentary volume
Special Collections copy is #544 of 980 copies.
- 1 facsimile volume (78 unnumbered pages) of plates) : colour illustrations, facsimiles ; 33 cm ; 25 cm + 1 commentary volume (91 pages : 24 cm) ; in presentation box 36 x 26 x 6 cm
- 33 cm ; 25 cm
- ND3357.W5 .H362 2015