- "The Barometer can be used to measure and monitor atmospheric pressure. It works well for conducting weather studies or for experiments that involve pressures close to normal atmospheric pressure. It can also be used as an altimeter if you have a portable interface." -- website.
- Item content: English
- This sensor can be used with the following interfaces and data collection software. Interface: LabQuest 2, LabQuest Mini, LabPro, Go! Link, EasyLink, CBL 2, TI-Nspire Lab cradle. Software: Logger Pro, Logger Lite, LabQuest App, EasyData App, DataMate Program, DataQuest Software for TI-Nspire, LabVIEW.
- Can be used with the following items also available for check out: Lab Quest 2, Vernier Arduino Shield.
Specifications: Sensing element: SenSym SDX15A4; Pressure Range (as shipped): 0.8 to 1.05 atm; Maximum pressure that the sensor can tolerate without permanent damage: 2.04 atm or 61 in Hg; sensitivity: 436 mV/in of Hg to 13.06 V/atm; Typical resolution: 1.0026 x 10⁻⁴ atm; combined linearity and hysteresis: typical ±0.1% full scale, maximum ±0.5% full scale; Response time: 100 microseconds.
Requires a compatible interface and software.
User's manual available at: http://www.vernier.com/files/manuals/bar-bta.pdf
Funded by the US Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through a grant to the Texas State Library and Archives Commission (TSLAC) 2016.
- Ages: Recommended for high school and middle school science.
- 1 barometer : various materials, in bag + instructions.
- UNT - THE SPARK
Other Standard Numbers:
- Publisher Number, Vernier: BAR-BTA