Table of Contents:
- Understanding and evaluating mass communication theory
- Establishing the terms of the debate over media : the first trend in media theory
- mass society and propaganda theories
- Normative theories of mass communication
- The media-effects trend
- The emergence of the critical cultural trend in North America
- Theories of media and human development : children and adolescents
- Audience theories : uses and reception
- Theories of media cognition and information processing
- Theories of the effect of media on society
- Media and culture theories : meaning-making in the social world
- The future of media theory and research.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 371-396) and index.
- xxi, 408 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- P90 .B285 2015
- 9781285052076 (pbk.)
Library of Congress Control Numbers: