- "A four-fields introduction to anthropology"-- [Provided by publisher]
Table of Contents:
- What is Anthropology
- Why is Evolution Important to Anthropologists?
- What can Evolutionary Theory Tell us About Human Variation
- What can the Study of Primates Tell Us about Human Beings?
- What Can the Fossil Record Tell Us about Human Origins?
- How Do WE Know about the Human Past?
- Why Did Humans Settle Down, Build Cities, and Establish States?
- Why is the Concept ofCulture Important?
- Why Is Understanding Human Language Important?
- How Do We Make Meaning?
- Why Do Anthropologists Study Economic Relations?
- Why Do Anthropologists Study Political Relations?
- Where do Our Relatives Come From and Why Do They Matter?
- What Can Anthropology Tell Us about Social Inequality?
- How is Anthropology Applied in the Field of Medicine?
- What can Anthropology Tell Us about Globalization?
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 519-531) and index.
- xxv, 549 pages : color illustrations ; 28 cm
- GN25 .L38 2015
- 9780190210847 (pbk.)
Library of Congress Control Numbers: