- "Author and photographer Susan Kuklin met and interviewed six transgender or gender-neutral young adults and used her considerable skills to represent them thoughtfully and respectfully before, during, and after their personal acknowledgment of gender preference. Portraits, family photographs, and candid images grace the pages, augmenting the emotional and physical journey each youth has taken. Each honest discussion and disclosure, whether joyful or heartbreaking, is completely different from the other because of family dynamics, living situations, gender, and the transition these teens make in recognition of their true selves."--Amazon.com, viewed February 12, 2014.
Table of Contents:
- Spectrum : Jessy: the house of my soul ; Christina: every girl is different ; Mariah: the real deal ; Cameron: variables ; Nat: something else
- Lifeline : Luke: untouchable
- About the Callen-Lorde community health center ; Q & A with Dr. Manel Silva ; About Proud Theater.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 179-182).
Accelerated Reader UG 4.7 7.0 164484 EN.
Reading Counts High School 4.4 12 Q63123
American Library Association Stonewall Book Awards Honor book, 2015.
Ages: 16 & up.
600L (source: Lexile)
- 182 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- HQ77.9 .K85 2014
Library of Congress Control Numbers: