- "Private violence explores a simple but deeply disturbing fact of American life: the most dangerous place for a woman in America is her own home. Every day in the U.S., at least four women are murdered by abusive partners or ex-partners. Through the eyes of two survivors -- Deanna Walters, a mother who seeks justice for the crimes committed against her at the hands of her estranged husband, and Kit Gruelle, an advocate who seeks justice for all women -- we bear witness to the complex realities of intimate partner violence). Their experiences challenge entrenched and misleading assumptions, providing a lens into a world that is largely invisible."--Container.
- Hill, Cynthia, 1970-, film producer, film director
Waitt, Cindy, film producer
Steinem, Gloria, film producer
Scully, Regina Kulik, film producer
Benello, Julie Parker, film producer
Ettinger, Wendy, film producer
Helfand, Judith, 1964-, film producer
Hartley, Lilly, film producer
Nevins, Sheila, film producer
Abraham, Nancy, film producer
Lowery, Malinda Maynor, film producer
Miller, Rex (Cinematographer), film producer, director of photography
Gruelle, Kit, interviewee, contributor
Walters, Deanna, interviewee
Vickers, Thomas, editor of moving image work
Johnson, Chuck (Composer), composer
HBO Documentary Films, presenter
Markay Media, production company
Waitt Institute for Violence Prevention, production company
Artemis Rising Foundation, production company
Kind World Foundation, production company
Chicken & Egg Pictures (Firm), production company
Candescent Films, production company
Southern Documentary Fund, production company
Women Make Movies (Firm), film distributor
- Item content: English
- DVD-R ; NTSC format, all regions ; stereo.
- Kit Gruelle, Deanna Walters.
- Editor, Tom Vickers ; cinematographer, Rex Miller ; composer, Chuck Johnson ; special advisor, Kit Gruelle.
- This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
Originally released in 2014; later broadcast on HBO.
Public performance rights included.
- 1 videodisc (77 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in
- 4 3/4 in.
- digital; optical; stereo; Dolby Digital Plus
- laser optical; NTSC
- video file; DVD video; all regions
- DVD 16405