- Review: "The ACS Style Guide's Third Edition continues its long tradition of providing invaluable insight on ethics in scientific communication, the editorial process, copyright, conventions in chemistry, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and writing style for any STM author, reviewer, or editor. The Third Edition is the definitive source for all information needed to write, review, submit, and edit scholarly and scientific manuscripts."--Jacket.
Table of Contents:
- Part 1. Scientific communication. 1. Ethics in scientific communication / Gordon G. Hammes. Appendix 1-1: Ethical guidelines to publication of chemical research
- 2. Scientific papers
- 3. The editorial process. Appendix 3-1: proofreaders' marks
- 4. Writing style and word usage
- 5. Electronic submission of manuscripts using web-based systems / Sarah C. Blendermann. Appendix 5-1: Online submission at selected scientific publishers and research grant agencies. Appendix 5-2: Key features of selected online submission systems
- 6. Peer review / Barbara A. Booth
- 7. Copyright basics / Karen S. Buehler, C. Arleen Courtney, and Eric S. Slater
- 8. Markup languages and the datument / Peter Murray-Rust and Henry S. Rzepa. Appendix 8-1: The IUPAC International Chemical Identifier, InChI / Stephen R. Heller and Alan D. McNaught
- Part 2. Style guidelines. 9. Grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Appendix 9-1: Recommended spelling list
- 10. Editorial style. Appendix 10-1: Computer and internet terms. Appendix 10-2: Abbreviations, acronyms, and symbols
- 11. Numbers, mathematics, and units of measure. Appendix 11-1: The International System of Units (SI)
- 12. Names and numbers for chemical compounds. Appendix 12-1: End-of-line hyphenation of chemical names. Appendix 12-2: Representation of combinatorial chemistry / Derek Maclean. Appendix 12-3: CAS Registry Numbers
- 13. Conventions in chemistry. Appendix 13-1: Symbols for commonly used physical quantities. Appendix 13-2: The Crystallographic Information File / Frank H. Allen
- 14. References / Janet S. Dodd, Leah Solla, and Paula M. Bérard. Appendix 14-1: CASSI abbreviations for the 1000+ most commonly cited journals. Appendix 14-2: A sample CASSI entry
- 15. Figures / Betsy Kulamer
- 16. Tables / Betsy Kulamer
- 17. Chemical structures / Antony Williams.
- Item content: English
- Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 385-388) and index.
Description based on print version record.
Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2011.
digitized; 2011; HathiTrust Digital Library; committed to preserve
- 1 online resource (xiv, 430 pages) : illustrations
- text file
- QD8.5 .A25 2006eb
- 9780841239999 (cloth, alk. paper) [Invalid]
0841239991 (cloth, alk. paper) [Invalid]
9780841274006 (pbk., alk. paper) [Invalid]
0841274002 (pbk., alk. paper) [Invalid]
0841228302 (electronic bk.)
9780841228306 (electronic bk.)