- " The book looks closely at the structure of disputes and dispute contexts, offers advice for creating value in disputes, using agents, and explores settlement through tools such as decision analysis... "-- BOOK JACKET.
Table of Contents:
- Perspectives on dispute resolution : an introduction / Michael L. Moffitt and Robert C. Bordone
- Roots and inspirations : a brief history of the foundations of dispute resolution / Carrie Menkel-Meadow
- "I see a pattern here and the pattern is you" : personality & dispute resolution / Sheila Heen and John Richardson
- The decision perspective to negotiation / Max H. Bazerman and Katie Shonk
- Enemies, allies, and emotions : the power of positive emotions in negotiation / Daniel L. Shapiro
- Relationship dynamics in disputes : replacing contention with cooperation / Keith G. Allred
- Identity, beliefs, emotion, and negotiation success / Clark Freshman
- Cultural pathways in negotiation and conflict management / Anthony Wanis-St. John
- Negotiation through a gender lens / Deborah M. Kolb and Linda L. Putnam
- Bone chips to dinosaurs : perceptions, stories, and conflict / Douglas Stone and Sheila Heen
- Disputes as opportunities to create value / Michael Moffitt
- Six principles for using negotiating agents to maximum advantage / Scott R. Peppet
- Finding settlement with numbers, maps, and trees / Marjorie Corman Aaron
- Option generation : be careful what you ask for ... / Chris Guthrie
- Organizational influences on disputants / Corinne Bendersky
- A taxonomy of dispute resolution ethics / Jonathan R. Cohen
- The role of law in settlement / Russell Korobkin
- Negotiation / Bruce Patton
- Mediation / Kimberlee K. Kovach
- Arbitration / Sarah Rudolph Cole and Kristen M. Blankley
- Litigation as a dispute resolution alternative / Jeff R. Seul
- Consensus building and ADR : why they are not the same thing / Lawrence E. Susskind
- Bargaining in the shadow of management : integrated conflict management systems / Howard Gadlin
- Selecting an appropriate dispute resolution procedure : detailed analysis and simplified solution / Frank E.A. Sander and Lukasz Rozdeiczer
- What could a leader learn from a mediator? : dispute resolution strategies for organizational leadership / Hannah Riley Bowles
- Online dispute resolution / Ethan Katsh
- Public and private international dispute resolution / Andrea Kupfer Schneider
- Victim offender mediation : evidence-based practice over three decades / Mark S. Umbreit, Robert B. Coates, and Betty Vos
- Youth, education, and dispute resolution / Donna K. Crawford and Richard J. Bodine
- Institutionalization and professionalization / Nancy A. Welsh
- The next thirty years : directions and challenges in dispute resolution / Robert C. Bordone, Michael L. Moffitt, and Frank E.A. Sander.
- Item content: English
- "A publication of the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on print version record.
- 1 online resource.
- KF9084 .H36 2005eb
- 9780787980313 (electronic bk.)
0787980315 (electronic bk.)
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC238817 (source: MiAaPQ)
[Unknown Type]: ybp2340731