- "The extraordinary life of an extraordinary leader: Frances Hesselbein Leadership is a Journey is written in a personal, intimate tone that delivers key leadership lessons applicable to leaders in every walk of life. Tracing her development as a leader, Hesselbein tells her inspirational story around a dozen guiding principles. The stories will show what shaped her personally and professionally: stories from her childhood, as CEO transforming the Girl Scouts and then transforming that organization, being handpicked by Peter Drucker to found and lead the Drucker Foundation, transitioning the foundation to the Leader to Leader Institute and travelling the world to deliver her message of leadership to thousands. Discusses Hesselben's experiences with Peter Drucker, John Gardner, Max DePree, President Clinton, General Shinseki, Jim Collins, Marshall Goldsmith, and others Reveals the author's personal and professional stumbling blocks and triumphs as one of our nation's foremost nonprofit leaders Includes leadership lesson for anyone who is in a leadership position As inspirational as it is information, this book is filled with larger than life stories and key leadership lessons that can be applied in daily life"-- [Provided by publisher]
Table of Contents:
- Machine generated contents note: pt. ONE ROOTS
- 1. Stories of Family, Lessons of Love
- 2. Embrace the Defining Moment
- 3. Defining Yourself with the Power of No
- pt. TWO MY LEADERSHIP JOURNEY
- 4. My Management Education
- 5. New York Calls
- 6. Challenging the Gospel
- 7. Becoming a Change Agent
- 8. Finding Out Who You Are
- 9. My Journey with Peter Drucker
- 10. Indispensable Partnership-Governance and Management, Board and Staff
- 11. Strengthening the Leadership of the Social Sector
- 12. Adventures Around the World
- pt. THREE CONCERNS AND CELEBRATIONS
- 13. To Serve Is to Live
- 14. Seeing and Listening
- 15. Leaders of the Future
- 16. Conclusion: Shine a Light.
- Item content: English
- Includes index.
Description based on print version record.
- 1 online resource.
- HC102.5.H47 A3 2011eb
- 9780470946206 (electronic bk.)
0470946202 (electronic bk.)
Other Standard Numbers:
- [Unknown Type]: 3489694
Other Control Numbers:
- EBC644867 (source: MiAaPQ)
[Unknown Type]: ybp3616379