- "Angela Davis and Tim Wise, two of this country's leading racial and social justice scholar-activists joined moderator Rose Aguilar on stage for a rare, unscrioted and free range conversation on the state of contemporary global politics. They explore how our culture's uncritical embrace of pervasive individualism, the myth of meritocracy, and entrenched institutional inequality has led to racialized public policy, the privatization of education, health care and the environment, and the commodification of many of our basic needs, including water and food. Through bold discourse, with an optimism of the will, Angela and Tim call for new vocabularies - a different kind of fluency and a different quality of literacy. With a shared reverence for historical memory and today's activism, they invoke the power of a new language to restore clarity and to unify global communities."--Opening screen.
- Davis, Angela Y. (Angela Yvonne), 1944-, panelist
Wise, Tim J., panelist
Aguilar, Rose, 1972-, moderator
Soriano-Bilal, Mohammed, director, producer
Lewis, Victor Lee, writer of supplementary textual content
Essenmacher, Erin, producer
Pezanoski, Geralyn, producer
Flemming, Judd, producer
SpeakOut (Oakland, Calif.)
- In English.
- Conatiner title: Subtitle on container: Vocabulary of change: in conversation with Angela Davis and Tim Wise
- DVD; NTSC.
- Cast: Rose Aguilar, moderator.
- Director of photography, Lou Weinhert ; editor, Judd Flemming ; original music, Vincent Spaulding.
- Study guide by Victor Lee Lewis.
"Copyright © 2012 Institute for Democratic Education and Culture, DBA SpeakOut"--Closing credits.
- 1 videodisc (78 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 study guide (38 pages : 18 cm)
- plastic; metal; 4 3/4 in.; polychrome
- digital; optical
- video file; DVD video; region 1
- DVD 15608