- An insider's view of America's drug and alcohol rehab industry explores its strengths and weaknesses while revealing a disturbing gap between best practice and reality.
Table of Contents:
- What's wrong with addiction treatment? What will help
- Rehab nation : the questions and the issues
- Going inside : what it's like to be in rehab
- The cost of rehab : from the wallet to the heart
- Getting the best for your buck : what addiction treatment should look like
- Rehab isn't for everyone : in fact, it's not for most people
- One size doesn't fit all : how cookie-cutter approaches at rehab get in the way
- When it comes to rehab, teens are not just little adults : more questions than answers?
- When it's not "just" a drug and alcohol problem : from depression to sex addiction
- Helping people stay the course : on using in rehab, repeat visits, "success," and improving the odds
- Getting what you need : advice from the pros and a look at "dream" treatment models
- Appendix. A consumer checklist for checking out rehabs.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 411-416) and index.
- xiv, 429 pages ; 24 cm
- RC564 .F54 2013
Library of Congress Control Numbers: