- The most reliable guide for board memebers and nonprofit staff who want to know how an effictive board can transform an organization's impact.
Table of Contents:
- The personal meaning of volunteering
- The impact of volunteers and voluntary organizations
- Today's volunteers : who volunteers and for what causes?
- The role of the board and board members
- The role of the chief volunteer officer
- Board and staff : who does what?
- Finding, developing, and rewarding good board members
- Recruiting, encouraging, and evaluating the chief staff officer
- Constructive planning
- even in voluntary organizations
- Working with committees
- Making the most out of meetings
- Budgeting and financial accountability
- Ethics and ethics accountability
- Evaluating results.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 233-238) and index.
- viii, 248 pages ; 24 cm
- HV97.A3 O33 2003
- 1931923175 (paperback, alk. paper)
9781931923170 (paperback, alk. paper)
Library of Congress Control Numbers: