- Detailed instructions on preparing successful grant proposals is explained. Incorporating the results of 40 interviews with grantmakers across the nation, the Guide reveals their priorities in reviewing submissions and provides insight into what makes a winning proposal. The guide outlines the entire proposal-writing process including pre-proposal planning tips, components of the proposal and gives guidance from grantmakers. To illustrate key points, excerpts from successful grant proposals are inserted throughout the guide. A complete model proposal is included in the appendix. An updated bibliography features selected resources on proposal development, including web and print sources.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction. The proposal is part of a process
- Getting started: Establishing a presence and setting funding priorities
- Developing the proposal: Preparation, tips on writing, overview of components
- Developing the proposal: The executive summary
- Developing the proposal: The statement of need
- Developing the proposal: The project description
- Developing the proposal: The evaluation
- Developing the proposal: The budget
- Developing the proposal: Organization information and conclusion
- Variations on the project proposal format
- Packaging the proposal
- Researching potential funders
- Contacting and cultivating potential funders
- Online applications
- Funder reviews of the proposal
- Due diligence
- Meeting with funders
- Life after the grant
- or rejection
- What the funders have to say
- Sample proposal
- Selected resources on proposal development
- Resources of the Foundation Center.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references.
- xvii, 290 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm.
- HG177.5.U6 G44 2012
- 9781595424044 (alk. paper)
1595424040 (alk. paper)
Library of Congress Control Numbers: