Table of Contents:
- Introduction school food politics / Marcus B. Weaver-Hightower and Sarah A. Robert
- Reframing the politics of urban feeding in U.S. public schools : parents, programs, activists, and the state / Jen Sandler
- Fixing up lunch ladies, dinner ladies, and canteen managers : cases of school food reform in the United States, England, and Australia / Marcus B. Weaver-Hightower
- Cultivating schools for rural development : labor, learning, and the challenge of food sovereignty in Tanzania / Kristin D. Phillips and Daniel Roberts
- Defining the "problem" with school food policy in Argentina / Sarah A. Robert and Irina Kovalskys
- Free for all, organic school lunch programs in South Korea / Mi Ok Kang
- School food, public policy, and strategies for change / Marion Nestle
- Food prep 101 : low-income teens of color cooking food and analyzing media / Catherine Lalonde
- Going local : Burlington, Vermont's farm-to-school program / Doug Davis, Dana Hudson and Members of the Burlington School Food Project
- What's that non-human doing on your lunch tray? Disciplinary spaces, school cafeterias, and possibilities of resistance / Abraham DeLeon
- Coda : healthier horizons / Sarah A. Robert and Marcus B. Weaver-Hightower.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- xiii, 245 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- LB3475 .S36 2011
- 9781433113079 (pbk., alk. paper)
1433113074 (pbk., alk. paper)
9781433113086 (hardcover, alk. paper)
1433113082 (hardcover, alk. paper)
Library of Congress Control Numbers: