Table of Contents:
- Geography, climate, ancient authors, and modern visitors
- Pre-Roman infrastructure in the Eastern Desert
- Ptolemaic diplomatic-military-commercial activities
- Ptolemaic and early Roman Berenike and environs
- Inhabitants of Berenike in Roman times
- Water in the desert and the ports
- Nile/Red Sea roads
- Other emporia
- Merchant ships
- Commercial networks and trade costs
- Trade in Roman Berenike
- Late Roman Berenike and its demise.
- Item content: English
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- xvii, 434 pages : illustrations, maps ; 26 cm.
- DT73.B375 S4 2011
- 9780520244306 (cloth, alk. paper)
0520244303 (cloth, alk. paper)
Library of Congress Control Numbers: