The fall of womenland
Ciné-Frontière Inc.; written & directed by Xiaodan He; produced by Martin Doepner, Xiaodan He
- Resource Type:
- DVD Video
- New York, N.Y. : Cinema Guild, 
|FAL DVD||Checking availability||Request pickup|
- A documentary on the unique sexual culture of the Mosuo people, a small minority situated in the southwest of China, and one of the last remaining matriarchal societies in the world. Without a formal marriage contract, the Mosuo traditionally build relationships based on free love and sexual satisfaction ("walking marriages"). But can the sexual liberty and power of the Mosuo women survive as modern Chinese society slowly encroaches their ancestral land? The film explores the present reality for the Mosuo people as well as the dangers that threaten their inherited way of life--Container.
- Language Notes:
- Chinese and Naxi(?); with English subtitles; English narration.
- System Details:
- DVD-R; all regions.
- Narrators, Nathalie Baroud ... [et al.].
- Production Credits:
- Cinematography, Martin Doepner ; original music, Mikael Dublas.
- General Notes:
- NOTICE: This is a DVD-R and may not play on all DVD players.
Filmed in Yunnan, China.
Public performance rights included.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (46 min.) : sound, color with black & white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Physical Characteristics:
- plastic; metal; polychrome; monochrome
- Audio Characteristics:
- digital; optical
- Digital Characteristics:
- video file; DVD video; region 1
- Call Numbers:
- FAL DVD
- Other Standard Numbers:
- Publisher Number, Cinema Guild: 2364
- OCLC Numbers: