- In the course of his wanderings from a Southern Negro college to New York's Harlem, an American black man becomes involved in a series of adventures. Introduction explains circumstances under which the book was written. Ellison won the National Book Award for this searing record of a black man's journey through contemporary America. Unquestionably, Ellison's book is a work of extraordinary intensity--powerfully imagined and written with a savage, wryly humorous gusto.
- Item content: English
- [The Modern library of the world's best books]
- Series statement from jacket.
- xxxiv, 572 pages ; 20 cm.
- PS3555.L625 I5 1994
- 0679601392 (com. ed., acid-free paper)
9780679601395 (com. ed., acid-free paper)
Library of Congress Control Numbers: