- An autobiographical reflection on art, life and the movies from director Agnès Varda. Varda takes beaches as her point of departure, and weaves photographs, vintage footage, film clips, and present-day sequences into a memorable voyage through her life, during which she confronts the joy of creation and the pain of personal loss, death and aging. It is a singular trip played out against the exciting context of the postwar explosion of cultural expression in France. She knew everyone: her colleagues in the French New Wave, the Black Panthers in California and even Jim Morrison, who would visit when in Paris.
- In French, with English subtitles.
- Title translation: The beaches of Agnès
- DVD-R; all regions; aspect ratio 1.78 :1.
- Cast: Agnès Varda, André Lubrano, Blaise Fournier, Vincent Fournier, Andrée Vilar, Stéphane Vilar, Christophe Vilar, Rosalie Varda, Mathieu Demy, Christophe Vallaux, Mireille Henrio, Didier Rouget, Anne-Laure Manceau, Gérard Ayres, Jim McBride.
- Cinematography, Hélène Louvart, Alain Sakot, Julia Fabry ; editors, Jean-Baptiste Morin and Agnès Varda ; original music, Joanna Bruzdowicz, Stèphane Vilar, Paule Cornet.
- NOTICE: This is a DVD-R and may not play on all DVD players.
"Broadcast in the Point of view PBS television series."
Originally produced as a motion picture in 2008.
Public performance rights included.
- 1 videodisc (107 min.) : sound, color with black & white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- plastic; metal; polychrome; monochrome
- digital; optical
- video file; DVD video; region 1
- PN1998.3.V368 BEA 2008 DVD
Other Standard Numbers:
- Publisher Number, Cinema Guild: 2351