- Powerful document of impacts -- environmental, economic, political, social -- from drilling for natural gas in the Rocky Mountains and southwest. In particular, pollution of water by fracking fluids is noted.
Table of Contents:
- Split estate & drilling boom
- Brief policy overview
- Garfield County, CO: the Bells
- San Juan County, NM: Gilbert Armenta
- Historic family cemetery
- Hydraulic fracturing and toxic chemicals
- Industrial accidents: Hoffmeister well fire
- Divide Creek seep
- Industry downplays environmental impacts
- Laura Amos story
- Dee Hoffmeister
- EPA's Weston Wilson, whistleblower
- Mobaldis feel the effects
- Infrared film reveals contamination
- Community in crisis
- Communities fight back
- Policy makers tackle issues
- Legislative change and some hope
- Drilling in 32 states & solutions
- In English.
- Narrator, Ali McGraw.
- Producer/director, Debra Anderson ; cinematographers, Debra Anderson, Dave Bowden, Doug Crawford.
- Split estate aired as a world television premier on October 17, 18, 22, and 23  as part of the Reel impact series on Planet green.
Public performance rights included.
- 1 videodisc (approximately 76 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- plastic; metal; polychrome
- digital; optical
- video file; DVD video; region 1
- SPL 2009 DVD